FISHIN’ MAGICIAN CHARTERS
Fishing, One of the Finer Things in Life!
2015 & 2016 Best of Kewaunee County!
Fishin’ Magician Charters winner of the “Best Charter”!
FISHIN’ MAGICIAN CHARTERS- Frequently Asked Questions
When searching for a charter there are a couple things to look for other than rates. Your charter should be booked due to your confidence in the captain and the quality of the service you expect. Rates, I hate to say it, are a good reflection on the quality of the charter you will be taking. When you think you are getting a deal or a longer trip for your money there is usually a reason for that. At Fishin’ Magician Charters we truly want you to have a quality fishing experience and catch some fish!
Here is a short list of things to look for while shopping for a charter.
1. The quality and size of the boat you will be fishing on. Age of the boat typically doesn’t matter (if the captain maintains it).
2. Full time charters do offer you a better chance of being successful. Some part time captains are very good fishermen, but being out more often is a definite advantage.
3. Smaller boats under 30 feet typically have cheaper rates. Just remember Lake Michigan doesn’t always have calm seas. A bigger boat will handle rougher water and make your trip more enjoyable. A large platform for fishing is a lot more comfortable.
4. Catching fish isn’t always the number one factor of success. Charter fishing is a form of entertainment. The overall experience is very important, although catching fish provides a good solid base to start with. If you walk away with a smile then we have done our job.
5. Guarantees are a way to make you feel comfortable with your decision. Honestly it is very difficult to get “skunked”. Even very inexperienced fishermen usually catch something. We do offer a guaranty, but that is only for your piece of mind. Fish don’t bite like crazy everyday, but we will work very hard to get you as many fish as we can on that day. If for some reason it all goes bad, even if I didn’t have a guarantee I would ask you to come back so I could redeem myself.
6. The bottom line is that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why you should hire a charter?
A: We are fishing on Lake Michigan just about everyday. By doing this we have an advantage over the occasional fisherman. At a fraction of the cost of outfitting your own boat with the right equipment, you can hire us to take your family, friends, or business associates out for an exciting day of tackle busting action. You don’t have to worry about anything. All you have to do is show up and let us take care of you.
Q. Why should we fish with Fishin’ Magician Charters?
To be honest, there are dozens of charter services to choose from. Some of them are reputable and have very good fisherman at the helm. You do have to watch out for the few that will not give their best effort on every trip. We pride ourselves on our ability to put fish in the boat every day, but aside from that, we want you to have fun doing it. Don’t get taken for a boat ride. Hire a charter to take you on a trip that you will remember good things about. You should be able to tell what kind of service you can expect by talking to the captain on the phone.
Q: How many people can you have aboard?
A: Our large fishing vessels are capable of holding six customers as well as the crew. We recommend that you have 4 person groups because it gives better odds at people catching more fish. If the group is larger than 6 people we can arrange to have another boat added to meet your needs.
Q: Do we fish in the rain?
A: Yes, we will fish in the rain. Fish don’t care what the weather is doing up top. They love it wet so it does not matter if it is raining.
Q: Is tipping appropriate?
A: We feel that our extra effort warrants gratitude. What the customer wants to tip is totally up to them but traditionally 15-20% of the price of the trip is customary.
Q: What else is there to do in the area?
A: Algoma and the surrounding area have plenty for you to do to make your trip the best ever. Some of the things to do are visit beautiful Door County that is only 6 miles away it has more shops to visit than you could do in a month time. Lambeau field is only a short drive away where you can go to the stadium, Packers Pro Shop, or the Packers Hall of Fame. There are also a lot of interesting museums, wineries, and festivals to attend. We have some of the nicest golf courses and supper clubs around that are only short drives. If you would like help trying to plan other things to do just give us a call and he will be happy to help you; set up tee times, find great places to visit with directions, or a great place to eat.
Q: Do you provide food, drinks, and fishing equipment?
A: Our charters do include soft drinks and Continental breakfast and snacks aboard. You are able to bring additional things if you would like, please click here for tips on what to bring. Alcoholic beverages will be allowed as long as you are over 21 years of age. Lunch aboard can be arranged upon request for an additional fee. We do provide all of the necessary tools that are needed for the best fishing experience of your life.
Q: Do I need a fishing license to fish aboard?
A: Yes you will need to have a Wisconsin fishing license as well as a great lakes trout stamp. For your convenience we do have these available on the boat otherwise CLICK HERE FOR FISHING LICENSE & Great Lakes Trout Stamp from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources or visit their website at: https://jc.activeoutdoorsolutions.com/wi_public/goHome.do
Q: Can we bring alcohol?
A: Yes. The only thing we ask is that you are responsible. All beverages must be in plastic bottles or cans. Alcohol can have a different effect on you when you are on the water.
FISHIN’ MAGICIAN CHARTERS is a full service charter business with various options to fit your vacation needs. We operate 7 days a week with various different trips each day.
Fishing, one of the finer things in life!
Fishin’ Magician Charters
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2020